Last week, we received one inquiry from Seoul, Korea, asking for promotion solution on Seoul transportation card in China.
Generally, this should be calling 2 parts,
- targets, those who are planning to visit Seoul
- ad campaign, SEO, PPC, DSP, etc.
However, this kind campaign gets limitation in execution because Korea and China still remain political friction due to THAAD issue.
We therefore offered embedded marketing, aka product placement, in those hot and topic-related articles.
What’s embedded marketing?
- According to Wikipedia, Embedded Marketing, also known as product placement, is a marketing technique in which references to specific brands or products are incorporated into another work, such as a film or television program, with specific promotional intent.
- What we focus here is, to help our clients embed brand/product message within those hot and relevant social articles in China.
What does it look like?
Benefits of embedded marketing
- meet target audience with right content in best place at best time
- save great time, energy and money
- brand awareness, brand searches and traffic increasing from search engine
Application scenarios of embedded marketing
- Recommendations: 90% of us trust recommendations from friends – so surely it makes sense to push the genuine endorsements we do receive to their absolute limit.
- User experience: It’s critical to the success or failure of a product in the market, and its social sharing influences greatly others’ buying decision.
- Apples-to-apples evaluating: Comparison is one of the most critical activities online that helps people have more info and knowledge for making buying decision among some of similar products.
- References: It’s a relation between objects, one for simple description and another for details with products therein.