Cross-border e-commerce refers to an international commercial activity in which transaction entities belonging to countries or regions with different tariffs complete transactions, conduct payment and settlement through e-commerce platforms, and deliver goods and complete transactions through cross-border logistics.
What are the characteristics of cross-border e-commerce
1. The network is a borderless medium with global and decentralized characteristics. Therefore, cross-border e-commerce that is dependent on the Internet also has the characteristics of globalization and decentralization.
2. It is difficult for cross-border e-commerce to identify information such as the identity of e-commerce users, which makes cross-border e-commerce anonymity.
3. Cross-border e-commerce has immediacy. For the network, the speed of transmission has nothing to do with geographic distance. Information exchange in e-commerce, regardless of the actual time and space distance, one party sends information and the other party receives information almost at the same time, and certain digital product transactions can even be completed instantly.
4. E-commerce mainly adopts paperless operation, which is the main feature of transactions in the form of e-commerce.
The difference between cross-border e-commerce and domestic e-commerce
1. Different operating environment
Cross-border e-commerce operations are foreign trade operations, and more consideration is given to foreign cultures, such as foreigners’ preferences for products. With a unified domestic business environment, domestic e-commerce is much easier than cross-border e-commerce.
2. Different platform technology backgrounds
Cross-border e-commerce investment in platform research and development is very high. The strength of platform research and development and research strength have caused great differences in the modes and effects of domestic e-commerce operations and cross-border e-commerce operations.
3. Different focus
There are a lot of things to do in domestic operations, such as new media marketing and promotion through various channels to increase traffic and fans. What cross-border e-commerce companies need to do is SEO and SEM, product selection and operation. Cross-border e-commerce has relatively few things to do, but the requirements are very high.